Sunday, August 9, 2009

What is “Service Transition Pack” in ITIL Service Design book?

I was preparing some materials for my coming ITIL class and came across the term “Service Transition pack” in Chapter 8 of the Service Design book by OGC. It appears under section 8.51 – Pre-requisite for Success where “The design of the service will be impossible without the Service Portfolio and Service Transition Pack”. Also under section 8.5.2 – Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators where the “Percentage of Service Transition pack completed on time” is one of the KPI listed for Service Design.

Wondering what is ‘Service Transition Pack”, I checked up the ITIL V3 Glossary but it was not found there. A quick keyword search of the entire Service Design book did not give any definition of this term. Neither could I find a definition of these term in the Service Transition book.

Hmm. Probably typo error. I think it could be referring to “Service Design Package”.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must read "Service Design Pack" instead of service transition pack".

ref: http://www.itskeptic.org/node/497

Odin said...

Thanks for the reference. I think these are typo in the book and it should read as "Service Design Pack or package". Have told my students about it.

Post a Comment

Do leave your comments on the post.